news 4 days ago

1 dead, several injured after chemical exposure at Massachusetts Buffalo Wild Wings

New York Daily News — David Matthews New York Daily News

Nov. 08-- Nov. 8--An employee was killed and at least eight others, including customers, were injured after being exposed to a strong cleaning agent at a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in Burlington, Mass.

Firefighters responded to a report of a chemical reaction in the kitchen around 5:30 p.m. Thursday.

At the scene, an employee said he felt nauseous after inhaling fumes from a cleaning agent. He was rushed to a hospital in serious condition but was later pronounced dead.

Two employees and six customers were also hospitalized.

The building was evacuated and a Hazmat team was called.

Authorities advised anyone who was at the restaurant at the time of the incident to seek medical treatment if they think they may have been affected.

Symptoms of exposure include difficulty breathing, shortness of breath and watery eyes.

___

(c)2019 New York Daily News

Visit New York Daily News at www.nydailynews.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.